Review of RIP

Review of RIP

Title: RIP Author: Mukul Deva

Publisher: Westland Books Pvt Ltd Publication date: Did not find

Category: Fiction Pages: 364

Price: INR 200/- ISBN: 9789382618195

 

About The Author:

Mukul Deva (born on 29 January 1961) is a best-selling author, noted for the spy-military thrillers on terrorism and action. His most famous works include Lashkar, Salim Must Die, Blowback and Tanzeem.[1]

He graduated from La Martiniere College, Lucknow, the National Defence Academy, Pune, and the Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun. Mukul was commissioned in the Sikh Light Infantry of the Indian Army in 1981 where he served as an officer till 1996.

How I caught hold of this book?

It was through the Book review program by Blogadda.com. I applied for it and I got it.

First Appearance:

As per Blogadda.com, we had to put up the review of the book in 7 days (I must apologize to blogadda for being late – Due to my travel plans). An army sniper showing his back to the reader. The author’s name placed exactly between a syringe and a bullet, a piercing bullet. The bullet in place of the ‘I’ in among RIP.

 

Review:

The book I received from blogadda had a clean print and was very easy to read. I think I must be thanking, rather appreciating the publishers for that. The author being from the same background need not have done great research in writing this book but he has definitely in par with the current affairs in India even though he is staying in Singapore. This book gives us a sneak peak preview of how the intelligence units work in India and what role ‘discipline’ plays in their careers.

The story starts of from three different places but with a syringe to execute all the corrupt people here. Sometimes I really feel that something like this should really happen. According to me this book is brought out through an idea. An idea that can give a new lease of life to India, an idea which was born keeping in mind the real time situations and events in India. Mukul uses a lot of real incidents (Well, they are just based on) like the Anna Hazare corruption movement, 2G scam and other scams. Well any obedient army officer would get the thought that Mukul has brought out in this book.

A lot of names resemble to real life ones and I am pretty sure that it’s a deliberate act by the author. This might not be one of the greatest books in terms of vocabulary and story, But it has all aspects of a political suspense thriller and lots of action. There is also romance between the lead of the K-team and the TV anchor. Well, its not just about politics, army, and romance. To add on it also has chapters on parenthood. This is not a genre I would love to read, but it was a welcome change. It was a fast read for me and I couldn’t stop until I finished it. Maybe this is only solution to save India from its corrupt politicians. The book might sound highly unrealistic at times, but that’s what an intelligence officer from CBI is capable of.  Jai Hind!

 

P.S: This review is a part of the  Book Reviews Program at BlogAdda.com. Participate now to get free books!

 

I would rate this book 2.5/5. For anybody who loves guns, planning, plotting, politics, army, snipers and some romance go for this.  

You can buy this book at Flipkart.

 

Labels: